Monday, May 7, 2007

Play Ball!


Now that the baseball season is in full swing, I thought I'd dig up a little project I completed last season. Being from San Diego, the Dodgers were always our bitter rivals. Mainly cuz they would kick our asses every year. Everything Dodger blue made my stomach turn, but putting that hate aside was easy when they asked me if I wanted to design their mascot. As far as I know, they've never really had a true mascot, so the opportunity was one I could never pass up. I'm also quite the sellout, especially if it involves free seats behind 1st base. That mascot became Ebbett, a trolley that ties in their storied past as the Brooklyn "trolley" Dodgers. Now if they could only find a way to make him into a big, fat suit that runs around at games.

10 comments:

richtuzon said...

Tanner, I hate to break this to you but...Padres sucks!!!!

However, good job on the mascot design.

Tanner said...

Thanks man!...I guess. The Pads have been to the series twice though. More than I can say for a bunch of other teams. Hey, I'm a glass half full type of guy. Why must you try to break me Tuzon!!

Dan Bob said...

alright! glad to see you have a blog. keep 'em coming. nice stuff.

Anonymous said...

nice!...i like how you fit fernando v and pedro guerrero into it!!

Anonymous said...

So what happened? I still didn't see any mascot at the game. Maybe you should add a driver too, and the driver can run around during the game? But what do I know, I just like to eat. Seriously, did they decided on a mascot?

Think blue.

Tanner said...

Thanks for dropping by Dan. Your work's amazing!

Jecs, you got the craziest references!

Larry, an excellent idea to add the driver. Or maybe Lasorda pops out. The mascot is used on all the kids club stuff. He was also on a few of the giveaways.

Vince M said...

Great job, Eric. I think the Dodgers should construct a light vehicle in this design and have Ebbet leading a sing-along during the 7th inning stretch. The kids would love it. Could be kinda cute, with him chugging around the field.

Gigi said...

You know, the SF Giants could use a cable car mascot, Tan ... ;)

flatelephant said...

GO BLUE.

Anonymous said...

puma shoes
chaussures pumamp4
trade chinalacoste polo shirts
chaussure puma femmewedding dresses